Thursday, October 14, 2010

30 Day Challenge: Day 07

Day 07: A picture or something or someone that has the biggest impact on you

That was a mouth full.
.......a picture of someone or something
......biggest impact on me....??

It was going to be my Chemistry teacher - Jennie Mayer, but I don't have a picture of her..
So in second place is...

Of course.

Apolo Anton Ohno

Everything started when I was watching TV and my sister changed the channel.
Yes, Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics.
"Mari, f-- you! Change it back to family guy"
"Rika! It's the winter olympics! we are watching this"
"the winter what?"
"that's JR Celski and the other guy is Apolo, they are from Seattle! Apolo is super good"
"whatever"
-watching short-track speedskating-
"Mari, he's f--cking slow. He's in the very back. Change it back to family guy"
"Just watch."
.....and that's when my jaw dropped and fell in love with him.
Out of no where, he scoots right into first place and cruises to the finish line.
I jump on my computer.
Yes.
I googled him.
From then on, I would schedule work around him so I could watch him skate every night. 
Next thing you know, I was packing my bags.
Yes.
I was off to Vancouver.
Off to Vancouver to cheer for his last race. The grand finale. The biggest show.
Custom made a shirt just for that day
"Team Ohno"
With the short track logo on the back.
I was able to meet his dad, 8 zone workers, and his best friend/coach.
His dad hugged me and loved me.
"Wait, I have something for you"
"....wha,whaat?"
"Here :)"
I picture of him with his autograph.
O-M-F-G
Then I cried and cried and cried and cried and cried.
And I lived happily ever after.

He's motivated, focused, and optimistic. 
A philanthropist.

But there is one person in this world who I heart more than Apolo Ohno.
Mehehehe <3

No comments:

Post a Comment