Sunday, September 19, 2010

Untitled Relationship




 Tracing my years back to when I had my first crush, I remember how happy I was when I caught the football he tossed up in the air while we were swimming in his pool out in his backyard. I was in third grade. My life has changed since the day I discovered- boys

I've always been busy playing the dating game since then. Back then, ICQ and MSN was the big thing. At least for us in Saipan it was. Boys asked you for your phone number, home phone number to be exact, and talked on the phone for hours. Sometimes my mom will pick up the phone and they will carry a casual conversation. If they called past 10pm, they would be lectured. 

Then the whole cell phone era came creeping in, introducing us to free nights and weekends plan and unlimited texts. Phone calls were still somewhat popular, but that was soon over taken by text messages. Text message, I like to define as, relationship communication killer. You wake up to a cute good morning text, text through out the day about random stuff, and send a good night text. Social hp is maxed out. No need for a phone call. Then the relationship starts to become less personal, a lot of miscommunication occurs as well, since it's hard to interpret the tone of voice or sarcasm over text.

What happened to the "I just called to say I love you" days. What happened to the old school love that actually required some effort to communicate with your significant other?

I miss flipping through my textbooks to find love letters sandwiched between pages, or walking into my classroom to find a cup of coffee and donut laying on my table from a secret admirer. I even had a boy pick fresh flowers for me before school to make me a plumeria lei and leave it on my front gate hanging so I can wear it to school.

The little things in life that tickle your heart.

Where did it all go...?


1 comment:

  1. here in the philippines :) wait for me, hon.

    ReplyDelete