Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Morning

Last night was crazy.
I will definitely remember it.
Well. First, it was blistering cold.
I got there (Alki Beach) around 730pm.
Met up with a group of my friends.
It was too cold to stay outdoors so we rushed to the closest non-bar place.
I was wearing two layers on the bottom with boots plus five layers on top..
And I was STILL shivering.
Anyways, so we found the closest non-bar place...
Which ended up being a fish and chips stand with a dive bar under construction.
So either way, we still ended up at a waterfront dive bar.
Oh.
One encounter - of course thanks to Mao.
We got a group photo taken by two strangers down at the beach
They had a really nice camera and they were going all pro on it
So Mao decides to ask if they will take a pic of us.
Surely they did. Exchanged emails. Now just waiting for it.
Back to bar.
We had a good time listening to Mao's drunken lectures.
Listened for about four hours.
Then some old cranky Asian-hating white supremacist yells from the corner of the bar
"speak English! This is America"
Mao cackles out loud "I can speak English!"
Awkward silence.
Another one of my friends just mutters "awkward..."
Mao being Mao.
Decides to stand up and give a really random speech about his life.
Supremacist ended up liking us.
Got awkward again so we left.
Kidney nurse then joins us.
Walked to the park to get the best view of Seattle.
Minute 'til New Year's.
Space needle lights up in red.
Shooting one firework at a time for the countdown.
Then....the rest of the firework was gay.
It was getting really cold.
One of my homie suddenly starts shivering. Clearly not feeling well.
Plans changed. They all need a place to crash.
My place.
As we were headed to my place, the other car full of corpses got lost.
Went on a search for them in downtown Kirkland.
Found them.
So I pulled into a parking near by. Infront of a hotdog stand.
Found someone else. My buddy from work.
He was belligerently drunk.
I've never had someone hold me and lean on me with their whole body weight
To tell me that they love me. Over and over and over.
Then dance. Then come back to me to hug me.
Repeat. Say about 20 times.
Finally got home with six new roommates I found overnight.
Hid underneath the covers to finally sweet talk with my boyfriend.
Didn't go too well.
Bummer.
I was being a stubborn girl.
He's probably the most patient boy ever.
So we hung up and I finally fell asleep.

I was bleeding intense from the surgery.
Woke me up.
It was 845am.

Decided to blog a little.

Now I'm going to leave my house full of corpses to reflect upon myself and things I need to improve and do.

Then go to work early to earn some extra dough.
I get paid time and a half today.
Why not.

That's one of my inner goals.
Less free time. More work time.

Something has been bugging me for about four days now.
It's time to find a solution to get rid of it.
...before I lose everything that matters to me the most.

Bring it on!

2011 - You are going to be one amazing year.

No comments:

Post a Comment